I've been thinking about Grand-dad a lot these 2 days. I don't know why. Friday will mark a full six months since his.....departure.I'm still not over how quickly it was, from a healthy old man with a loud voice, to a frail comatose body on a bed, to a corpse in a wooden box, to ashes sitting in an urn at the Garden of Remembrance. It was only a matter of days.
I miss him immensely. We miss him. Chinese New Year is in exactly 2 months, 8 months from Father's Day 2006, when they pulled the plug from the machine. It wouldn't be the same without our patriarch.
I've been guilt-ridden for the longest time. So many things that I should have done not didn't do. Now it's far too late.
I love my Grand-dad and I know he loves me too. He told me so. Am holding on to the hope of seeing him in heaven, where he'll be getting to know God more.
I miss your Ah Yeh. Will see you soon.
10 comments:
hey sth i learnt from QT for this christmas is that, we dont have to be merry for Xmas to be meaningful, but it is the confidence in Christ that makes this day worth celebrating about.
and how am i not good at multi-tasking????? i mean, yes...but still where's the love and encouragement man.....sobZZZZ
aw.. that's such a sweet revelation.. indeed the reason why we celebrate Christmas is because of Christ and his love for us.. =)
"where is the love? where is the love? where is the love, the love, the love?"
yah.. u're not gd at multi-tasking but that makes 2 of us.. =) hahazz.. we still lovez uz, skz.. heex
whatz withz thez ZZZZZ?
hope we'll all have a jolly good christmas time to reflect and think of the Dude who gave us christmas.
Cheerzzz
hugxhugx lololx hEeX~! SK what QT material you using?
astral: Amenz, bro! may our KING be glorified on His birthday! =)
pan!cker: u're good, man! such a natural! =P
dAiLyBrEaDzZ lOrHX, HeEhEeX. tHe OnE tat chrhX giBz oNeX LoRzZ
hey...it's ok to think of grandpa, it took me abt one year to grieve my grandma's passing away and i would often think of her. but take heart that grandpa's is in good hands now coz there's no better place to be in right now but to be seated with Jesus! That's where ah yeh is. :)
dj: thanks, whoever u are! but will we come to a point whereby we're done grieving?
yes...you will get to the stage where you will be done grieving. for some pple it takes a year, for some it's shorter or longer than a year but i find that it's the times where i do cry that it brings healing to my grief and so it did help heal my loss. so...if you need to cry, do cry...don't keep it inside. :)
most of all look up to God and ask Him to walk you thru this period where you are grieving. Our God is a God who rejoices with those who rejoice and mourns with those who mourns, so God is with you mourning and feeling the same emotions that you are going thru during this time. You are not alone, He is there beside you. Praying for you too. :) Blessed Christmas!
Post a Comment